Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Orange Crush setting - and a surprise

Decided to go with the straight set of the quilt, have it sewn to lap size at the moment which consistes of 12 album blocks and 13 spinning stars, think I may have to add more blocks to those not yet used to bring it up to size.
Will leave it pinned up till the intended recipient calls in this afternoon to gauge his reaction as when he saw the blocks before they were on the on point setting, If he no longer likes it I will leave it at this size, finish it off and give it to the spinal injuries ubit for a wheelchair quilt, either way it will be out of here before year's end.

Now on to my news of the morning - Julia had a giveaway on her blog THE most gorgeous bag was first prize and my name was drawn out for the second prize - a wonderful pack of Moda Christmas charms!!!
My Dad says he just lives for Christmas so will need to put my thinking cap on and come up with something special to make for him using these charms.

If you don't already have a link to Julia's amazing blog -
http://creativeribbons.blogspot.com/

On the subject of Christmas this year I put my name forward for a Christmas secret sister swap for the first time.
First item to make is a Christmas sack, never made one before so this will be another learning curve for me, the absolutely first thing to do is work out a design ;-))

No comments: