Saturday, June 21, 2008

this week

After the quilt 'Twenty Annies' going to the retreat in Perth, Leann now has it back again, it is a nice feeling to make quilts that the recipients like irrespective of whether they are simple in design.
I greatly admire finely made quilts which should be heritage listed but am most unlikely to ever create one myself, never mind I get to wrap people I care about with quilts to warm them.

At last Trevor is able to be able to be out of bed for long enough to be able to gp down the street etc., so those shopping bags I made earlier are now really being tested as the shopping is transported by wheelchair, the length of the handles is critical to keeping the bags off the wheels.


So much better than the plastic bags in my humble opinion though ....



The borders are now on my Orange Crush - thinking I 'cheated' a bit by including a border print instead of the piecing that Bonnie suggested.






However I bought the print at the same time as the orange and as orange is NOT a colour I would normally use there was no point in not using this.






IF I make a blueberry crush I will add the pieced borders on that one.






Of course as soon as I put the quilt on the line to take the photo up sprung a breeze, so you have to take my word for it that the borders are indeed flat!






Now to give it a good press and sandwich it ready for quilting.






Still have no ideas of how to quilt it though so any suggestions are more than welcome.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your OC is looking great, you myst be pleased with it.

cheers
Christine

Lisa said...

The bags seem to be doing the trick! I love the way your orange crush has turned out. The border fabric is perfect isn't it. So rich! Well done my friend.

Lissa Jane said...

Sandy

this quilt is fantastic.. hmmm quilting??? I think you should send it to me.. although I can't guarantee aussie post getting it back to you *W*

the border print is a gorgeous compliment to the quilt, orange isn't my thing either, but its stunning!!!!!

Jantine said...

I do really love your border! It suits the quilt perfectly!!! SO don't worry the least about not having used the pieced border, this is a marvellous piece of work al together!
Jantine from the Netherlands

Pat H. said...

Love your OC and your border works very well.

Pat H.

Candace said...

I haven't made any masterpieces either, and probably never will, but I enjoy what I do, and hopefully those who receive them do, too. I love your OC, and the border looks great. Bonnie just suggested, and I feel that she would think your OC is awesome, also.

Helen said...

Your orange crush turned out beautiful! I really like the border. Nice blog!

Jeanne said...

I love that border on your OC quilt. It calms and frames the blocks beautifully! Great choice.

Quilter Kathy said...

Perfect border print for this quilt - great choice!

Donna said...

Your border print looks perfect. I need to finish my OC. Good for you!

Roslyn said...

I think the print border suits perfectly. As for quilting,these quilts with small pieces don't show anything elaborate so my preference is a simple all over -I plan a peacock feather sort of freehand, or you could use a simple panto or stencil such as Baptist Fan.
Roslyn

Kucki68 said...

I love the way your border print complements the piecing!

Renate Bischoff said...

Your quilt is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Ingenious work all round Sandra, your quilt is amazing and the border picks out the lesser colours inside the body - _not orange_!
Some serious research done on your handle lengths I see - produce enough bags and you can sell them at the supermarket door, I'm sure Coles won't mind;)
Leanne looks cosy.

Sølvis blog said...

Your orange Crush turned out very nice.

Nicole & Phil said...

this is stunning!!!